Anytime Won’t Do, Baby
We’ve all been there, or at least I think we have. You know what I mean, waiting patiently in line to get food (because that’s your style) while watching your Commons Crush selfishly pick all of the pineapple out of the fruit salad. Although it’s tempting to take this time to reevaluate why you’ve been crushin’ on ‘Selfish Joe,’ we both know what you’re really doing is suppressing the urge to break out in a love song.
Maybe you don’t have a Commons Crush, or maybe you think breaking out in song isn’t “cool” (although it is), but what I’m really asking is what song would you choose?
I just wrote the latter, and then reread it so now I can pretend I was the one who was asked this question.
Anyway, thanks me, what a great question!
Answer: “Will Do” by TV On the Radio. Nine Types of Light is the name of the album; it is TV On the Radio’s newest album. Will Do by TV on the Radio
If “Will Do” isn’t your cup of tea check these songs out:
1. Valentine by The Moths Valentine
2. This New Year by Big Tree (they came to Bates!) This New Year
3. How Are You by Bombay Bicycle Club How Are You
4. Dearest by The Black Keys Dearest
5. Bear by The Antlers
Want some more beats?
1. Right On by The Roots, Joanna Newsom and S.T.S.
2. Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub) by Bon Iver
3. Sun of a Gun by Oh Land